If you’ve lost all your teeth in one or both arches, dentures near Sayville restored your smile and your quality of life; however, something just doesn’t feel right. You’ve started to experience some slipping and irritation. After a while, it’s normal to question if your dentures are still fitting right. There are some obvious signs that indicate there’s a problem. Don’t worry, your dentist can stabilize your smile if you’re experiencing any symptoms of poorly fitting dentures.
Are My Dentures Fitting Properly?
As time passes, it’s normal for your dentures to feel a bit loose because your gums can shrink. In some cases, your dentures can even warp, which can occur after being exposed to excessive heat. No matter the cause, you may experience a variety of signs of ill-fitting dentures, such as:
- General discomfort.
- Feeling your dentures move.
- Difficulty speaking.
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing.
- Gum pain.
- Clicking noise when chewing.
- Bad breath.
- Unusual taste in the mouth.
- Ulcers or sores.
How Can I Make My Dentures Fit Better?
If you’ve noticed a change to the way your dentures fit, there is a solution depending on the underlying cause. If a new adhesive isn’t effective, your denture might need:
- Adjusted: As your mouth changes shape, your bone’s structure and soft tissue can impact how your denture fits. Your dentist can adjust your denture to accommodate the new shape of your mouth.
- Relined: The lining in your denture may need to be replaced to make it fit more comfortably.
- Replaced: On average, dentures last 5 to 7 years before needing to be replaced. You can help promote how long your dentures last by caring for them daily and visiting your dentist for adjustments.
If you still can’t achieve the fit you want, it may be time to ask your dentist about stabilizing your smile with dental implants near Sayville.
What is an Implant-Retained Denture?
4 to 8 titanium implant posts are surgically placed into your jawbone to act as new tooth roots. Your jaw fuses to the posts to provide a stable foundation for your denture. You’ll never need to worry about any slipping or irritation again while regaining as much as 70% of your natural biting force. Your new smile can last for decades with the right aftercare to invest in your overall quality of life. You’ll enjoy the next best thing to your real teeth.
Secure Your Smile Today!
You don’t need to live with a slipping, uncomfortable denture. Your dentist can restore your smile using a customized treatment plan. Don’t wait to see your dentist to speak, smile, and chew with a beautiful denture.
About Dr. Makadia
Dr. Makadia is committed to making his patients’ lives better through high-quality dental care. Besides caring for your natural teeth, he also offers the latest prosthetics to replace those you’ve lost. Whether you need a new denture or you’re interested in dental implants, he has the solutions you need. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation to rebuild your smile.